Re: Adding disks in RAID for data files

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 23:13:54 +1000

Hi Md,

As your Oracle software becomes more and more ancient and as hardware changes more and more from which the software was originally designed, these issues are more and more likely to occur.

It's not clear why you're still on 7.3 but when approximately 5 inches of dust has settled on your CD covers (or was that floppy disks), when your original software manuals are yellowed and rat chewed, when you ring up Oracle support and you can hear giggling and a "hey, I've got another one on the phone" in the background and when ORA-600's are an everyday event, it's generally an indication to upgrade !!

Now I know there maybe reasons why you can't upgrade but if you at all can, you really should and all these problems go away (only to be replaced by other problems but that's a different story).

Cheers :)

Richard