Adding disks in RAID for data files

From: Md Irfan <irfan_pk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 25 Jul 2002 04:02:39 -0700

Hi,
This is one thing I need a solution and feedback from you all. Recently that we are running short of space in our Raid for our database. We have planned to add some disks in Raid for adding some more data files to our tablespaces. Hence we still use a desupport product from Oracle, which 7.3.4 OPS on NCR (AT &T) SVR4 system, I am scared for the chances of ORA 600. Couple of weeks before we had upgraded our controller (of Raid) firmware and after a week of that upgrade, we see that LGWR terminates occassionally, sometimes problem with PMON, and the instances could not be able to shut normally but with a shutdown abort only. Also the same day we had an ORA 600, but thanks that it was not so critical. Furthermore I think and Oracle does not give a list of Arguments (from ORA 600) in any manners like no documents or so... except that to call support and know from them. So how can I proceed? Should go for an upgrade of RAID or ...?

Thanks for your time.
Irfan Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 06:02:39 CDT