Re: dblink and tnsname

From: xueyang <xueyangy_at_singnet.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:46:06 +0800

Thanks for the reply. Ok, let make my question clear.

conditions:
db1 on svr1, db2 on svr2.

Now i want to issue such a query on svr1 : select sum(fld1) from table1(table1 resides on db2)
there are two ways to do this:
1.
login to db1 first using sqlplus
then issue the query select sum(fld1) from table1_at_dblink1(dblink1 connects to db2)

2,
login to db2 directly on svr1 by tnsname sqlplus userid_at_tnsname/passwd
then issue the query select sum(fld1) from table1.

My question is: which server's meory the query is going to take for each way? method 1, svr1 or svr2? method 2, svr1 or 2?

Btw, Do u know where can i find such topic in documentation?

Thanks in advance, Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 03:46:06 CDT