Re: dblink and tnsname

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:47:03 +1000

Hi Xueyang,

The first part of your question doesn't quite makes sense but if I understand your question correctly ....

The optimizer determines this (part of it's costings is network related costs). So if you had a more complicated query whereby you're joining together various tables in a distributed query, the cost based optimizer determines how best to execute this and from where to do so.

Regards

Richard