running application on the server by issueing an sql query

From: Shoval Tomer <shoval_at_softov.co.il>
Date: 25 Jul 2002 00:37:14 -0700

we're running Oracle 8.1.7 on Windows 2K.

Is there a way to issue an SQL query that will run an exe on the server?

Let's say I'd like to start an OS service, I'd like to issue the command 'net start <service name>' through oracle which is the only way I can connect to the server.

Something like the xp_cmdshell on MSSQL server.

Thanks Received on Thu Jul 25 2002 - 02:37:14 CDT