RE: Oracle Embedded Software License - custom installation?

From: Michael Isaev <info_at_scbr.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 02:12:56 +0300

Hi All,

we have Oracle 9i under Embedded Software License. This license requires that Oracle is a part of our product and will be installed also as part of our product, so that user even doesn't see how it is installed...

Also, though our product is Web-based server-side application, we don't want to install 1 Gb Oracle and have lots of things that we don't really need - we want a really minimal, custom configuration.

Perhaps anybody knows how to include minimal configuration of Oracle into own product?

Like "custom installation"?

Maybe Ora proposes some API for installation? Or, perhaps it's possible just to copy all required files and registry settings and this would be enough?
PLS, HELP! More general question:
DID ANYBODY use Oracle ESL in his own product? How did you install that? How dod you include it in your own installation??

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Michael,
Scand LLC,