Re: Imported DB runs SLOWER on faster machine

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:06:29 +0200

Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote:

>Either way ... it would take one heck of a horribly configured and tuned 4CPU
>Ultrasparc to be slower than a single CPU PC.

I gathered statistics of tables and indexes. Now, the DB on the PC runs 7x faster than on the E3500. It is infinitely faster than running without statistics :-)

I don't deprecate your opinion. I would be happy to find out that something is set wrong in the E3500. You could help me. If you have some application that consistently runs for a longer period of time (not less than 5 min or so) equally long, then send it to me along with the execution time that you get on your machine. I am eager to compare. Send me a binary if possible to avoid compilation issues.

Alternatively, you can point me to a standard benchmark application that would allow me to assert the real performance of the server (I am not referring to the DB).

Bye
Rick Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 17:06:29 CDT