Re: Imported DB runs SLOWER on faster machine

From: Rick Denoire <100.17706_at_germanynet.de>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 00:06:29 +0200

Svend Jensen <svend.jensen_at_it.dk> wrote:

>I can hardly believe you think a PC with 2000Mhz cpu is faster than a 4
>cpu UltraSparc II with raid !
>I have a tractor with ~170 HP engine, and it can not outrun my small car
>with a 90 HP engine.
>It takes more than clockcycles to perform and you have a long way to go.
>Wasted clock cycles are gone forever, among others....
>
>/Svend Jensen

I gathered statistics and now the DB is flying! (...on the PC)

By the way, if you know a way to objectively compare the performance of a Sun E3500 to another E3500, please let me know. Oracle has too many tuning parameters and is not objective :-)

Or if you know about any way to assert the performance of the machine in a comparable way, I would very much appreciate the hint.

Thanks
Rick Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 17:06:29 CDT