Re: LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:07:37 +0200

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:35:51 +0200, "nn" <nn_at_n.com> wrote:

>Thank you very much;
>But i have RMAN acting in my database. I don't know if i change destination
>of archivelog, i must do something with RMAN?
>Tx

Definitely not. The location of the archived redologs files is stored in the control file and RMAN is smart enough to pick that up. Which is one of the many reasons to use RMAN, instead to rely on script with hardcoded log_archive_dest_location's.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 12:07:37 CDT