Re: system tablespace extents question

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 16:59:55 +0200

> The second question is answered most easily - the storage clause specified
> for the tablespace acts a default for all the storage values and the
values
> not specified when creating a table in that tablespace use these defaults.
> Some values for a table may be specified and the remainder use the
defaults
> or all can default.

This is what I thougth in the first place, too. It should be very easy to understand.
But:
If the extent default size in the tablespace is 100k, and a table is created with 1M extent size,
does this mean, that after some filled extents of 100k in the tablespace, one 1M extent may follow,
and after it, again several 100k extents - so that the row of extents may have *different sizes* ?

> With regards to the first question: When you say there are 180 extents in
> the system tablespace do you mean you have one object with that many
extents
> or do you have 180 extents scattered among all the dictionary objects you
> have created. If it's the latter you don't really have a problem.

Thank You, Andy, now I can relax again =) I have many DD Objects and Packages in the system tablespace, but nothing else,
just as it should be.