Re: Table normalization

From: Stjepan Brbot <stjepan.brbot_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 15:18:15 +0200

Thanks Kenneth,

of course that there is no exact and general threshold for triggering the process of normalization (table decomposition). Also, I do not expect the foolproof recipe and I do know that many of the skills in database design are won by expirience.

At this moment I do not have big expirience with DB design but do not want to regret for newbie mistakes in future. So, I'd like to hear something usefull from other expirienced DB designers how they cope with such a issues (like normalization is) in their praxis.

--

Stjepan Brbot