Question: Oracle 8.17 during an OS upgrade from NT4 to Windows 2000

From: Marc <ad360_at_ncf.ca>
Date: 24 Jul 2002 06:12:18 -0700

Greetings. I was wondering if anybody out there has had any experience with 8.17 during an OS upgrade. I've not been able to find much information regarding this. 8.17 is currently on an NT 4 server. The OS needs to be upgraded to Windows 2000. If an in-place upgrade is done what problems can I expect to see from Oracle? If anybody has accomplished this I would appreciate hearing about any lessons learned and the results be they good or bad. Thanks!! Since other versions of Oracle are in the environment as well, any information about OS upgrades from NT 4 to 2000 done in place would also be useful for other Oracle versions.

Regards,
Marc Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 08:12:18 CDT