How to detach/archive data

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:54:42 +0100

Rick,

don't quote me on this, but in Oracle 9i you have EXTERNAL tables which can be queried through standard SQL (with a few limitations). If your tape robot is able to load the correct tape on demand, this MIGHT be a way forward.

I'm not using 9I yet, so I can't say for certain.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator