Re: Imported DB runs SLOWER on faster machine

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:56:23 +0400

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:3d3d6c5a$0$237$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net...

> I agree that Daniel is right. However by default you *do* get stats on
> import - just estimated stats. I know this because moving an 816 export to
> an 817 instance *always* gives a dbms_stats error on import. Ignoring this
> and reanalyzing works just fine.

Just looked at a couple of dumps made using EXP 8.1.7.4 from 8.1.7.4 db (I know it's buggy, I have a workaround in place). One dump is a full user export, and another is a single table export. Guess what: single table export contains
ANALYZE TABLE x ESTIMATE STATISTICS
just before enabling constraints, and full user dump does not have any analyze statements or references to dbms_stats and I didn't find this name in IMP.EXE strings, so it doesn't seem to be calling it once for the whole schema after import... Also, there is RECALCULATE_STATISTICS parameter to IMP, which defaults to N. Don't know what to think. :)