ORA-00980, but public synonym is there (Oracle Reports) ?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:56:05 +0200

Hello,

I would like to know if there are some circumstances under which a valid public synonym still brings up
ORA-00980 (in Oracle Reports).

The situation is this:
We have two main schemas, one is crowded with tables and all stored procedures, and one with a single but
large table. This table has a public synonym and can be selected from in SQLPlus and so on.

But in Oracle Reports, the synonym "cannot be resolved". All other tables can be selected, but the update on the
special large table failes.

Or is Reports behaving different from SQL*Plus ? One of our developers gave up using synonyms
and started adding [schema.]table to the statements.

Has anybody here made similar observations ?

ThanX in advance.

Jan Received on Wed Jul 24 2002 - 02:56:05 CDT