Re: I can't connect as SYSDBA

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 17:05:42 +1000

Then add yourself as a member of the ORA_DBA group on the Windows server.

That's a LOCAL group, not a domain one. Membership of it means you can, on that machine, log on as you (say your NT Server username was "Juha" -remember, we're not talking about logging on to the domain), and then log on to the database by doing a 'connect / as sysdba'.

Once that works, you can just issue an 'alter user sys identified by new_password', and you should then be able to connect using the password file again.

But this workaround will require you to work locally, on the server, and be able to log on to it, as a local user with the privileges necessary to add yourself into the ORA_DBA group.

Regards