Re: Queries with NULL (Oracle Parameters?)

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijn_at_rm-this.zhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 08:46:03 +0200

Your first query should return the correct answer, there are no parameters involved to accomplish this. I think 'null' is not as 'null' as you think. Use the dump function to investigate this:

select dump(street) from employees;

If it is really null it will return NULL.

regards,
Peter

"teoman" <teoman.ayan_at_contakt.net> schreef in bericht news:a8fa219e.0207232229.62aa8acc_at_posting.google.com...
> I have an query p.e.
>
> 1. select customer,salary from employees where street is null
>
> My result is not correct. If I use
>
> 2. select customer,salary from employees where
nvl(street,'anything')='anything'