Re: Desupport

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijn_at_rm-this.zhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 07:55:55 +0200

I have been working for Oracle Support for three years, and although Sybrand is right that *officially* no patches are sent for unsupported versions I also know that I, and many of my former colleagues, were willing to send an old patchset, *if available*. And the latter will be the hardest part because 8.0.4 is quite some time ago, and if Support doesn't have a local copy of the patchset 'somewhere on the shelf' it migth be hard to obtain one.

And yes, if you call they will no doubt urge you to upgrade, and right they are: nobody wants a serious application to run on an unsupported database version (says the man who is still administering eight 7.3.4 databases ;-)) ), and especially not if that version is 8.0.4!

regards,
Peter

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in bericht news:uvmrjukfv1s2rrptj72ibvq60gj5hebm0f_at_4ax.com...