Core Dumps?

From: Mark Lind <marNOkSPAMlind_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:25:02 -0700

My /opt volume is close to being full, and I'm looking to make some room. In my survey of the drive, I noticed several directories with the following names:

/opt/ORACLE/app/oracle/product/8.0.4/dbs/core_XXXX where XXXX is some 4-digit or 5-digit number. Each of these directories seems to have a single file named "core" that's between 36MB and 106MB.

Are those part of Oracle, or are those core dumps I can delete?

Please no comments about how we need to upgrade to 9i. 8-)

Mark Lind
Mark

Please remove NO and SPAM to reply by e-mail Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 17:25:02 CDT