Re: How to confirm someone is an OCP?

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_nospam.cox.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:56:39 GMT

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 15:36:46 +0100, George Barbour <gbarbour_at_csc.com> wrote:
>Don't listen to these dude's James, go ahead and get your OCP
>qualifications.
>Asking your question here is like asking Michael Shumacher if a driving
>licence helps him on the F1 circuit.
>
>While a driving licence is not necessary for F1 - true it all on private
>ground; the process of getting the licence is a good way, well one of them,
>to learn how to drive a car.

Actually, all professional and most amateur races do require a racing license. Drive badly and you can lose it, which can be extremely costly.

Of course, some race drivers have famously lost their regular drivers licenses.

I know when I learned to race my street driving slowed down, it seemed so pointless to speed.

>George Barbour.

jg

--
These opinions are my own.