Re: Rollback after sql load

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:29:24 +0100

"nn" <nn_at_n.com> wrote in message
> Thank you Richard
> I've a critical table, and I would that sql loader's loading can be made
> correctly. if for example, the sql loader exit with error because the max
> extent have been reached, the stuff loaded before error, have it been
> committed?

It depends. Generally sql*loader commits every 'n' records. Thus it is likely that some but not all of the data will have been committed.

What I would do is to load into a staging table and only if this load is successful insert/update the production table from the staging table.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA