Re: Rollback after sql load

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 23:10:25 +1000

Hi NN,

I'm not too sure why you are asking if you can rollback after sql*loader has strut it's stuff ? Why would you want to rollback ?

If you're using a Conventional Load, the BINDSIZE and ROWS parameters govern how much data is committed at a time.

If you're using a Direct Load, then ROWS controls the size of the data save and frequency of commits. If you don't specify rows, then the commit is performed at the end (can't get any higher than that).

But at the end, a commit is performed no matter what (therefore a rollback will do about as much as slug in a coma).

May I suggest a quick squiz at the Utilities manual, read up on all the various options and pick the ones most applicable to your requirements.

Good Luck

Richard

"nn" <nn_at_n.com> wrote in message
news:ahj98i$rmo$1_at_s1.read.news.oleane.net... I mean sql*loader of course.
but if i do : sqlldr login/pssword control=... data=.... rows=Number does oracle commit each number of rows reached? in this case, i make Number high possible!
is this true? (for the moment , i can't test in our database)

Tx