Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nick <nick_hobbs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 03:13:19 -0700

And there was me thinking you people were all dotcom whiz kids.

Little did I know that in reality I've been amongst the sandals and beards brigade :-)

Anyway my master plan to sidetrack a thread into a "dead" technology is complete. (Manic hollow laughter).

Whilst we're on the COBOL pains survey... coding sheets. Faced with this and a three day compile cycle I was so disgusted I didn't come back to the industry for 6 years!

Oh s*&t, this is true, my boss looked over my shoulder and noticed the word COBOL. This reminded him that I knew the language and has asked me to debug a MF COBOL program. Can someone remind me what a DBA's job description is!!!! ¦-&

Regards

Nick Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 05:13:19 CDT