Proceeding table object as procedure argument

From: Stjepan Brbot <stjepan.brbot_at_zg.hinet.hr>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:20:38 +0200

How can I send table (object) to database PL/SQL procedure as an argument? For example I'd like to create generic procedure accepting the table (object) for updating one column in that table with particular value. Of course, every table sent to this procedure should have the same column.

This procedure should execute DML like this where 'tablename' is the table (object) sent as argument to this procedure:

UPDATE tablename.column SET 'xyz';

--

Stjepan Brbot