Multiple instances of Oracle 9i for Linux

From: Latchezar Kostov <lkostov_at_myrealbox.com>
Date: 23 Jul 2002 02:11:54 -0700

Hello I was installing Oracle 9i on Mandrake 8.1 and I must run two instances of database with different SID. I configure it and I could connect to database from sqlplus on the server but I have problem with configuration of the listener. I made new listener.ora and tnsnames.ora and when I run the listener it work but only for the instance which SID is in the $ORACLE_SID of the user running the lsnrctl start. The other don't work. As example when I run lsnrctl start from user oracle who have $ORACLE_SID=ELO, only the instance for SID=ELO work. The other with SID=TELO don't work and vice versa when I run it from user toracle who have $ORACLE_SID=TELO. Could you give to me some advice or better to send to me a working configurations file to could see there where is my mistake.

Latchezar Kostov Received on Tue Jul 23 2002 - 04:11:54 CDT