Re: ORACLE ORAHOME AGENT RAC service start slowdown

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:54:25 +1000

Are you asking how you make sure a service doesn't start at boot time?

I must be missing the point, but what's wrong with just setting it to 'MANUAL'? That way it won't start at all until you get in there and make it.

If you want it started automatically, but only after other services have started, you might try (a) reading up on setting service dependencies (it's been a long time, otherwise I'd be more specific). or (b) having a look in the resource kit at a utility called (from memory, again) srvcctl ('Service control'). That lets you do all sorts of things with services and setting dependencies is one of them.

Regards