Re: Is it possible to achieve five 9's without using OPS ?

From: nettdata <nettdata_at_noSpAM_nettdata.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 00:20:52 GMT

While it is a little off-topic, you may find this article interesting.

http://www.codesta.com/knowledge/management/uptime_realities/index.jsp

As to 5-9's uptime, it can be done without using OPS or RAC, but RAC's _DO_ make it easier, and, in my experience, affords a much cheaper solution in the big scheme of things.

I've always found OPS to be a big pain in the butt, not only to develop for, but to deploy and maintain, and will do EVERYTHING I can to stay away from it.

$0.02