Re: PGA size in V$SESSTAT compared to RES size on HP_UX

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Jul 2002 14:40:07 -0700

Hi, John,

Since I don't have access to HPUX, I take Solaris as an example. In Solaris there's a command /usr/proc/bin/pmap -x [PID] that lists each segment of the process. One segment is listed as [ heap ]. That's what you need to compare. Its size is slightly larger than "session pga memory" statistic (in my case, 648k vs. 536964 bytes). Maybe the difference is some operating system overhead.

Yong Huang