Re: Watch out for this one :o)

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:57:42 +0100

Here's the problem I have with this behaviour. You will note that I put bug in * characters as I know that this is the behaviour I just can't justify it. The result from Pl/SQL is correct given the behaviour of SQL.

How do we sum? answer start at zero and add the value of each of the items in the series to a running total till we get to the end. If we have no values in the series the answer would be on this understanding zero NOT not known.

Take the following scenario:
You go down to the shops. You buy nothing at all? how much have you spent? Answer according to this behaviour of Oracle. "I don't know". Answer according to me. "Nothing."

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

http://www.dpsp-yes.com