convert regular snapshots to snapshot groups

From: NetComrade <andreyNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 17:24:41 GMT

I haven't taken advantage of what snapshot groups have to offer, and would like to covert my current snapshots to snapshot groups, w/o rebuilding snapshots from scratch. Some of my snapshots are incremental (fast) some are full (mostly small tables).

From what I can see so far from the docs, the procedure should be something like

--create 'refresh group' via DBMS_REFRESH.MAKE
--associate my snapshots via DBMS_REFRESH.ADD w/ the snapshot group
--DBMS_REPCAT.CREATE_SNAPSHOT_REPOBJECT seems unnecessary if snapshots
have already been built (plus i highly doubt the usefullness of this proc since it takes snapshot creation DDL as an arguement and executes it)

If anybody ever done it, any advice is appreciated.

Thanx.
We use Oracle 8.1.7.3 on Solaris 2.7 boxes remove NSPAM to email Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 12:24:41 CDT