PGA size in V$SESSTAT compared to RES size on HP_UX

From: John van Eck <JvanEck_at_ssc.dordrecht.nl>
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:45:00 +0200

Hello,

In the dynamic view V$SESSTAT there is een statistic which is called 'session pga memory' , you also have got session pga memory (max). This is supposed to be the size of physical memory used by the PGA of the session. Via glance on HP-UX I watched the same process, if I calculate the sum of the private memory areas RSS size of this process (so I already excluded all shared memory area size) I come to a number about three times as high as the value from the view V$SESSTAT.
Is there anybody that can explain this difference? All help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
John van Eck
Oracle DBA
Gemeente Dordrecht
The Netherlands Received on Mon Jul 22 2002 - 04:45:00 CDT