Re: Restricting user's resource access

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 12:02:26 +0100

I may be wrong here, but the pre-emptive option allows the resource manager to pre-emptively switch your resource group if it thinks you are going to be too greedy, rather than switching you after you have proved to be too greedy. Is there an option to block execution completely ?

The problem that I've found with resource manager is that the CPU scheduling method is very lenient - it only restricts your CPU usage when the resource is dramatically overloaded. So I have engineered cases where the demand on CPU is 200%, but two 'low resource' users still manage to get almost as much CPU as two 'high resource' users (specifically on 80/20 CPU2 values).

--
Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Next Seminars