Re: q: diffrence between row_shared and row_exclusive lock ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 06:51:03 +0200

On 20 Jul 2002 21:37:41 -0700, tedchyn_at_yahoo.com (Ted Chyn) wrote:

>What you say is true in most literature and I am confused because my testing
>can not prove it. I'm confused.

You should take the test one step further. You have locked the table in *row* exclusive mode. That means that any subsequent update or insert will exclusively lock that *row*. Try updating the same row from 2 different sessions.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 20 2002 - 23:51:03 CDT