Re: IMP: still more problems

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 12:32:24 -0400

"Enkidu" <utnapishtim43NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Vxf_8.10677$Fq6.977102_at_news2.west.cox.net...
> On-topic: It's unfortunate that some smart people feel they have to look
> down their noses at those who are struggling to find answers. I have to
> admit, Sybrand does occasionally answer people's questions without all the
> sarcasm. However, the anonymity of a NG must make him feel like he can
> forget every bit of the social skills I'm sure his mother tried to instill
> in him. I can only feel sorry for him.
>
> Off-topic: Enkidu and Utnapishtim are characters in the oldest known work
of
> fiction - a story written around 3000BC in Sumeria - now commonly known by
> the title, The Gilgamesh Epic. BTW, my real name is Roger Crowley.

Something about a wild man, a woman, and best friends if I remember correctly. I'm not sure where I got the Egyptian part from. Maybe it was because I first heard the story in an Egyptian museum. Anyway this thread has drifted pretty far off topic.

BTW most of the time those "smart" people aren't half as smart as they think they are. They're usually academic types who've had their noses stuck in books for so long that they don't have a clue as to how things work in the real world.

--
Chuck