Re: What's in a Rollback Segment?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:52:40 +0200

On Sat, 20 Jul 2002 08:25:57 GMT,
jeremy.russell-NOTMYREALADDRESS_at_usa.net (Jeremy Russell) wrote:

>A follow-up - if that transaction then updates another row, does it
>write rollback info to the currently used block (until that block is
>full) or does each DML statement in the same transaction acquire a
>further block?

Howard is saying you are using a *minimum* of 1 block, even if you update only 1 byte.
I don't think every individual updated row ends up in it's own rollback segment block, that would have been qualified as a bug and addressed in the previous century.

Regards

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 20 2002 - 03:52:40 CDT