Re: Help insert with a select using a DB Link - ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 10:46:09 +0200

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:44:06 GMT, Enkidu Utnapishtim <utnapishtim43NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>they suggested we replace the "INSERT ... SELECT FROM remote(s)" with a
>"COPY FROM remote ... SELECT ... FROM remote(s)" statement (don't recall
>the exact syntax). We didn't think it would help (after all, the goal in
>life for the COPY command is to copy stuff from a non-Oracle database).
>But there must be something in the COPY command that doesn't stumble
>over requests like the INSERT statement does.

COPY is a SQL*PLUS statement, it is NOT a SQL statement. Hence the syntax can be found in the sql*plus reference manual. Your assertion about the goal of the COPY command being designed to transfer data from non-Oracle databases is nonsense.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jul 20 2002 - 03:46:09 CDT