Re: RAC on Linux Cluster?

From: chao_ping <chao_ping_at_163.com>
Date: 20 Jul 2002 07:17:43 GMT

Originally posted by Norbert Vossiek Q on raw devices:

HW: 4 no-name nodes 2-way XEON 1.8/4GB, Qlogic 2200, Infortrend IDE-to-FC RAID

OS: SLE 7.3. I see one big /dev/sda. Could be partitioned & mounted, works fine & fast.

Now my question: how do I set up the raw devices? There was a DOAG mag article saying I have to use mknod and raw?

TIA, [/QUOTA] As for the disk partition, use LInux Logical Volumn make life easier. As for raw device, i think you do not quite clear about this concept, since it is raw, it cannot be mounted, just use the disk partition.

There is some document on IBMredbook site, talking about install RAC on linux clusters.

--
an oracle fan,
an oracle beginner

an oracle fan,