Is this possible in SQL?

From: Joe Imbrogo <dreamer33334_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 18:18:30 -0700

Let us assume there is a view A with data as follows...

X Y Z

 12        2         2
 14        2         3
 17        2         9
 19        3        12
 21        3        16
 25        4        21

I need get the value of X for every unique value of Y, where Z is the lowest in its range.

For example, the result for the above example would be

X Y

12         2
19         3
25         4

I know this is very easy to do in PL/SQL, but I wanted to take up the challenge of doing this is a regular SQL statment. However, I could not make much progress.

Thanks,
Joe Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 20:18:30 CDT