Re: EXPLAIN PLAN : better with RULE!

From: Steve Mitchell <stevem_at_hdcsi.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jul 2002 00:00:30 GMT

Thanks Lewis,

I agree it seems that the multiblock read parameters are misleading the CBO. The curious thing is that when I change some of these parameters:

ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_INDEX_CACHING = 90; ALTER SESSION SET OPTIMIZER_INDEX_COST_ADJ = 15; ..I still get the same plan from the CBO. I have goofed with the DB_FILE_MULTIBLOCK_READ_COUNT as well--trying different lower settings, and still get much slower results from the CBO than RBO.

Thanks for any help.

--steve