Re: case insensitive "like" query in Oracle 8i??

From: Enkidu Utnapishtim <utnapishtim43NOSPAM_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:55:13 GMT

Brad,
Well, one option is to change your WHERE to something like:

where lower(MyField) like '%program startup%'

The drawback to this is that as soon as you put that 'lower' function in there, you pretty much can kiss any usage of your index good-bye. Of course, putting that '%' at the beginning of the literal will do the same thing, so maybe you're okay. I assume that since you can't add an index, you can't add stored procedures either (since that would give you another option)?

HTH,
Roger Crowley - DBA - LearningFramework