case insensitive "like" query in Oracle 8i??

From: Brad Pybus <brad_pybus7zwq_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:02:01 -0500

I would like to do a query like this in Oracle 8i:

select *
from MyTable
where MyField like '%program startup%'

But I want it to search for all the capitalization variations. In other words, I want it to be case insensitive. How do I do this? And I can't add an index because its not my database. Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 18:02:01 CDT