Re: Help insert with a select using a DB Link - ORA-03106: fatal two-task communication protocol error

From: Don <annon_at_someaddress.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:58:07 GMT

I agree this is not the ideal situation. Unfortunalty this is a governement project so sanity does not apply.

We cannot get access to the source server (server A) for political reasons.

Another group created the views of server A on Server B. The people at A know that we use them but for some reason will not give us direct access.

For politcal reasons we cannot directly access Server B from our unsecure facility. We set up a server (server C) in a secure environment and created views based on the views of server B.

Now, from our server D in the unsecured office we can link to server C. C links to B and B to A.

Everyone knows whats going on. No one is being decieved. This is the kind of shit I have to put up with. I'll never understand how the government works but I know technical people are not allowed input in these decision. The decision are made by some of the stupidest people I have ever meet.

I am still trying to make this work. Can u offer any help?