External Procedures: Embedded SQL and OCI callbacks both possible?

From: Stewart Houck <shouck_at_pnm.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:28:44 GMT

Oracle 8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.7.3

I have the need in an external procedure (Pro*C) to both call a procedure containing embedded SQL and to also use an OCI callback. I can successfully do one or the other, but not both. It seems that the problem has to do with the contexts they both need (though I'm not sure). The following statements are at the beginning of the routine to set the contexts:

   status = OCIExtProcGetEnv(ctx, &envh, &svch, &errh);    EXEC SQL register CONNECT USING :ctx;

With the above statements, I receive an ORA-1012 (not logged on) error when the SQL is executed. If I reverse the order, I get an ORA-03114 (not connected to oracle) and then ORA-03113 (end-of-file on communication channel), and I seem to lose the connection to the extproc.

Is it possible to use both Embedded SQL and OCI callbacks in one call to an external procedure? If so, how is it done.

Thanks Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 13:28:44 CDT