Re: Oracle Certification

From: Daniel Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 16:18:30 GMT

Steve wrote:

> > > Hi, I am trying to get myself certified as OCP. But I am confused on how
> the
> > > exam system work. Right now for Administrator track, it has both 8i and
> 9i.
> > > Ideally, one should take whatever is the latest, which would be 9i, but
> how
> > > many companies actually upgraded to 9i? And 9i seems to be using a
> > > completely different system, which will required taking classes, does
> anyone
> > > know what average cost would be? And would it be worth it? On the other
> > > hand, it seems one can take 8i, then upgrade to 9i to skip the classes,
> but
> > > would it be recognized same as taking 9i directly?
> > >
> > > As for the developer track, the forms developer 6i seems to be the only
> one
> > > not expiring, but how long it will stay there?
> > >
> > > Any information is appreciated. Thank you. :)
> >
> > Here's how the system works.
> >
> > You decide to take an exam thinking it will change something
> > LOOP
> > You give someone money for classes
> > You give someone money for a book
> > You give someone money for the test
> > You cram information into your head like crazy for a month until it
> spills
> > out your ears
> > You take a test
> > They give you a piece of paper
> > You reference the piece of paper on your resume
> > IF hired THEN
> > EXIT;
> > END IF;
> > You decide to take another exam thinking it will change something
> > END LOOP;
> >
> > Daniel Morgan
>
> haha, that is ture, but is there other way?

I prefer this method.

  1. You invest $200.00 or so on books.
  2. You invest $39.95 and purchase the Oracle Demo Pack
  3. You find a friend who knows Oracle to be a mentor OR
  4. You find a local college or university that teaches a hands-on class
  5. You build two or three applications from scratch for yourself such as managing your checkbook or tracking your music collection
  6. You find an internship or donate time to a local non-profit
  7. After 9-12 months you use your knowledge and references to get a job that pays you for your skills rather than your memorization.

My students during the summer quarter invest a minimum of $2000 USD and 200 hours in a 10 week period.

Daniel Morgan Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 11:18:30 CDT