IMP: still more problems

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 11:34:57 -0400

I am encountering even *more* problems with the 8.1.7 import utility on AIX. Am I doing something wrong or is this utility just a piece of cr*p?

Latest issue. I am trying to use a norows full export to create indexes, primary keys, constraints, grants etc. on a database that I copied from another platform using CTAS on every table. (I used CTAS to load the data because import was too slow. It took 70+ hours whereas CTAS took about 3.) The create index and alter statements are in the export file to create the unique indexes for the PKs, then alter them to PK constraints. I can grep them out of the file with no problem. The import however never even tries to apply them. There are no errors in the log file indicating that it failed to apply them for any reason. It just ignores them. It also ignores all of my FK constraints.

Before I open a tar with oracle, is this expected behavior for EXP/IMP? Am I forgetting something?

Here is the command I am using to run the export and the import. The last line of the export log file says it finished with no warnings.

exp user/pass file=norows full=y rows=n log=norows_export.log imp user/pass file=norows full=y log=norows_import.log Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 10:34:57 CDT