Re: Oracle packaging with other application

From: Cathy <cali_at_ptc.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 07:45:57 -0700

Thanks for the reply.

I asked Oracle Techincal support how to break down Oracle 9i core components. There is a way to know which components in Oracle 9i core is

How are the answer:

Choose custom installation and then on the screen of the installer titled, "Available Product Components", check the box that says, "Show All Components Including Required Dependencies".

At the top level, you will see "Oracle9i Database 9.2.0.1.0". Underneath
that you will see,
"Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0". You should be able to expand that further, and you
will then see a listing that looks like this:

Optional
Installed Components
Required Dependencies

If you uncheck the box next to "Oracle9i 9.2.0.1.0" just above this, all
of the "Optional" pieces are deselected, and this should leave you with
only the "Requried Dependencies" for the "Oracle9i Database" at the very
top level.

BUT YOU CAN NOT UNINSTALL THEM!!!
We can guess the directory which those not required dependencies and remove those directories. But we do not know if there are any problems of it.

Thanks, Cathy