Re: Export Oracle low version?

From: Mark D Powell <mark.powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 06:56:40 -0700

hackwake_at_yahoo.com (wahe) wrote in message news:<4d236098.0207190302.35d9cdeb_at_posting.google.com>...
> Like the tablas of the Oracle exports version 8.1.7.0.0 to a low
> version, for example 8.1.6.0.0?
>
> I have tried with the exp but it does not stop me working
>

> Hackwake
>
> http://nomeenteronaa.cjb.net

Hackwake, I am not sure I understand your post but in general if you need to copy data using exp/imp from a newer version of Oracle to an older version you use the exp utility of the older version to export from the newer version and then import using the matching version.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 08:56:40 CDT