Re: Export Oracle low version?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 22:27:59 +1000

I confess that I don't honestly understand your post.

Sorry.

But if you are asking "Can I export an Oracle 8.1.7 database in such a way that the output file is 8.1.6-compatible, then the answer is "of course". Trouble is, you have to have the 8.1.6 version of export to do it: that can connect to an 8.1.7 database fine, and can export fine, but the output will be an 8.1.6-version dump file.

Unfortunately, what I suspect you are actually after is a way to generate a version-specific dump file using only the 8.1.7 executable, and that's just not possible. You'll have to install 8.1.6 somewhere, and do the export from there.

Regards