Millions of sequence in a database to record the counter for mill ions of products?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 12:47:16 +0100

Hi Niall,

yep, been there, saw the movie, ate the pie (That must have been Watership Down then !)

Rollbacks : the sequence is not rolled back. (The original autonomous transaction.)
Concurrent sessions : If I remember correctly, in 734, having more than one session actually loses numbers, but I did try it under 8174 (no pinning) and got sequential numbers - so maybe it's 'fixed' in 8174.

Cheers,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator