Re: Character set for 8.1.5?

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijn_at_rm-this.zhew.nl>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:31:43 +0200

From the SQL Reference:

<quote>
If you specify a character set, Oracle reconstructs character set information in the control file. In case media recovery of the database is required, this information will be available before the database is open, so that tablespace names can be correctly interpreted during recovery. This clause is useful only if you are using a character set other than the default US7ASCII.
</quote>

hth,
Peter

"Niall Litchfield" <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com> schreef in bericht news:3d372f9e$0$8512$cc9e4d1f_at_news.dial.pipex.com...